Axiad IDS is looking for a Sales Engineer to join our Technical Services Team
Santa Clara, CA
Up to 50% Travel
Competitive Compensation Package
Axiad IDS is looking for a Sales Engineer to join our Technical Services team.
Join the Axiad IDS team of talented engineers, marketers and sales experts. Axiad IDS is a fast-growing Solution Provider focused on Cyber-Security - Specifically on the increasingly fundamental area of Identity and access Management (IAM). Located in Santa Clara, CA, Axiad IDS will offer you the opportunity to touch all industries; Fortune 500 as well as SMB customers; and acquire first-hand knowledge of both traditional "on-prem" and Cloud solutions.
With the increased demand for strong authentication and Identity Management solutions, our company has seen significant growth over the past couple of years, and we are looking for motivated individuals to join our team of security experts.
Assist the Sales team and customers during the sales phase of a project to ensure customer satisfaction and meet Axiad IDS revenue growth and margin objectives.
Main activities include:
- Capture and document customers’ business needs and objectives;
- Formalize solution requirements, and provide technical guidance and recommendations to customers on product options and solution architecture;
- Develop and deliver customer-specific presentations and demonstrations that illustrate the business & technical value of Axiad IDS solutions;
- Participate in the development and maintenance of Axiad IDS Lab environment used to learn, test and demonstrate products;
- Assist prospective customers in the evaluation of Axiad IDS products;
- Work closely with Axiad Professional Services team to identify and address potential solution gaps for the customer;
- Contribute to RFPs or RFIs technical response;
- Build relationships with Axiad IDS Vendors’ technical teams.
The role requires travel (up to 50% of the time)
Skills & Experience required:
3 to 5 years of relevant industry experience:
- Sales Engineering activities for large-scale enterprise software / infrastructure projects;
- LAN design or architecture;
- IT Security products;
- Experience with installing and troubleshooting enterprise software;
- Participation to US Government (HSPD-12, PIV or CAC) smart card or authentication deployments will be plus.
Candidate must have BA or Masters degree in Computer Science. The position requires strong communication skills in verbal and written English. The Sales Engineer must be able to work independently and within a very dynamic team culture.
- Understanding of Cryptography concepts;
- Applied experience in any of the following domains and technologies will be a plus:
- PKI, Card Management systems, Authentication, Access Control, Identity Management, Mobile Device Management;
- Smart cards, tokens, SAML, SSL;
- Exposure to Network Security (firewalls, DMZ);
- Exposure to industry standards and compliance initiatives such as HSPD-12, PIV, FIPS 201, FIPS 140, OATH, X.509, Common Criteria, PCI, SOX;
- Working knowledge of the Windows server/desktop operating system;
- Experience with UNIX or Linux operating systems;
- Windows System Administration experience or certification;
- Working knowledge of LDAP, MS Active Directory, MS SQL Server 2005/2008;
- Experience with Oracle 10g/11g;
- Experience with MS IIS, Apache, Tomcat;
- TCP/IP, IPv4 & v6, DNS, HTTP, VPNs, Firewalls, Proxies.
This is a customer facing position, which requires strong presentation and communication skills, ability to work under pressure and under tight timelines, and good problem solving abilities.
We are a fast moving company and are looking for candidates with growth potential, eager to learn and who can demonstrate their abilities and motivation to contribute in a fast pace environment.
Axiad IDS offers a competitive salary, stock options and a full list of benefits, including health, 401K, vision and dental coverage. You will work in a fun and creative environment with a talented group of individuals that have a passion for building great solutions.
We are always looking for talent. Please feel free to email your resume, even if your profile does not match any of our current open positions.