Competitive Compensation Package
The Engineering Manager is the glue that holds everything together. We believe that by focusing on people and process we can reliably and repeatedly ship quality software that delights our customers. At Spanning the Engineering Manager is responsible for the full lifecycle delivery and support of one or more products, and also managing the careers of a diverse set of engineers.
- Manage a team of engineers to deliver successfully on several projects in a feature-driven (agile-influenced) model.
- Handle escalations and keep a well-groomed and small backlog of work.
- Fill a Scrum Master role by coordinating the efforts of Product Owners, Designers, Architects, Developers, Management team and other external stakeholders (e.g., Sales, Support, Marketing, Services).
- Lead the implementation of engineering best practices across the engineering team from engineering infrastructure (incl. CI/CD), to policies and processes
- Lead your team into a highly collaborative, effective, and fun working model.
- Work with the management team to define and develop “just enough process” to keep us running at full speed as we grow to infinity and beyond.
- Have a deep understanding of building highly scalable applications in a SaaS model.
- Have a strong opinion about what metrics are meaningful for an engineering organization and how to track and improve them.
- Fill a Program Manager role for cross functional coordination.
- Able to fill an individual contributor role, working with the technology stack for all projects you lead.
- BE/BTech/MTech or MCA
- Around 12+ years of experience in designing and implementing outstanding custom J2EE/JAVA applications.
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience in a software development company
- Minimum of 7 years of experience working through the design, development, release cycle and delivering commercial software applications/products
- Proven experience in successfully delivering software applications as an individual developer, team lead and as a engineering manager
- Proven experience leading the development and enforcement of engineering best practices such as Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery
- Strong understanding of the software development cycle and good experience with Scrum methodology and Agile practices
- Strong leadership, project management skills, time management, and problem solving skills
- Relevant experience with REST web services
- Good experience with relational databases - MSSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle
- Experience with Apache Tomcat / JBoss
- Good knowledge / working experience in Mini Driver, PKCS11, hardware security module (HSM), Active directory (AD), SSL, Biometrics and Certificate Authorities
- High command of verbal and written English
We are always looking for talent. Please feel free to email your resume, even if your profile does not match any of our current open positions.