Axiad IDS is looking for Technical Support Engineers to join its Technical Support Team
Santa Clara, CA
Competitive Compensation Package
Axiad IDS is looking for Technical Support engineers to join its Technical Support team based in Santa Clara, CA.
Join the Axiad IDS team of talented engineers, marketers and sales experts. Axiad IDS is a fast-growing Solution Provider focused on Cyber-Security - Specifically on the increasingly fundamental area of Identity and access Management (IAM). Located in Santa Clara, CA, Axiad IDS will offer you the opportunity to touch all industries; Fortune 500 as well as SMB customers; and acquire first-hand knowledge of both traditional "on-prem" and Cloud solutions.
With the increased demand for strong authentication and Identity Management solutions, our company has seen significant growth over the past couple of years, and we are looking for motivated individuals to join our team of security experts.
Axiad IDS technical support engineers provide assistance to our customer base, to insure that our products and solutions are working according to specification.
Main activities include:
- Analyze the technical issues submitted by customers and identify how to proceed;
- Escalate the issues that have been identified as product malfunctions to Axiad R&D team or to the third party vendor as appropriate;
- Follow-up on open technical issues to ensure timely resolution and customer satisfaction;
- Update the technical status of assigned issues on a daily basis;
- Manage simultaneously multiple customers;
- Communicate customer needs and product evolution request to the engineering staff;
- Report on status and progress to the management team;
- Building tools or scripts to automate or optimize internal processes;
- Developing sample code in various programming languages as required by the other teams.
Work is done primarily via email, with some phone contact.
Skills & Experience required:
- Excellent understanding of the technical fundamentals of enterprise networking. You should have a solid knowledge of technologies such as SSH, TCP/IP, IPv4 & v6, DNS, VPNs, Firewalls, Proxying;
- Standard Enterprise IT infrastructure: LDAP, MS Active Directory, MS SQL Server / MySQL, MS IIS, Apache, Tomcat;
- Working knowledge of the Windows server/desktop operating system with some administration experience;
- Ability to listen and to really understand customer’s problem or question and help solve it;
- Excellent writing skills: most of your work will be written (email, documentation, etc.);
- Excellent telephone interface: some support will be provided over the phone;
- 2 to 3 years of experience in a technical support role.
Hands on experience with any of the following technologies is a plus:
- PKI and smart cards (HSPD-12, FIPS 140, FIPS 201, CAC, PIV-I, and PIV-CIV);
- Multi Factor Authentication and Federation (One-Time-Password, Mobile Authentication, Hardware and Software tokens, SAML);
- Experience in running SaaS solution in cloud-based Infrastructure-as-a-Service (including AWS) solutions;
- Shell scripting and other interpreted languages (Perl, Ruby, Python);
- Exposure to industry standards and compliance initiatives such as OATH, X.509, Common Criteria, PCI, SOX.
This is a customer facing position, which requires strong presentation and communication skills, ability to work under pressure and under tight timelines, and good problem solving abilities.
The position will require participation in 24x7 calls, as well as participation in support rotation to ensure 24x7 support.
We are a fast moving company and are looking for candidates with growth potential, eager to learn and who can demonstrate their abilities and motivation to contribute in a fast pace environment.
Axiad IDS offers a competitive salary, stock options and a full list of benefits, including health, 401K, vision and dental coverage. You will work in a fun and creative environment with a talented group of individuals that have a passion for building great solutions.
We are open to local candidates only. US Citizenship is a requirement due to the nature of the work and our customer base.
We are always looking for talent. Please feel free to email your resume, even if your profile does not match any of our current open positions.